Driven by ideas.
Focused on results.
We are consultants for the human side of progress.
We are economists, political scientists, communication experts, data scientists – and experienced project managers. We advise on digitalization, sustainability, and urbanization – and how these forces create opportunities and progress. Our approach: bring ideas and people together to make great things happen.
- Digitalization is the disruptor of our time. It is breaking down sectoral barriers and how value is created. Big data, artificial intelligence, and IoT give rise to unprecedented insights, fuel new services, and render old products irrelevant. Digital transforms how people work and interact and what they value; it has a profound impact on societies and the political sphere. We strive to help understand and harness the power of digital for progress.
- True progress is based on the principle of sustainability. It drives public discourse, customer behavior, regulation, and action on a local, national, and global level. Sustainable strategies provide more opportunities and choices for companies, organizations, and customers alike. We support our clients to navigate this transition and to interact successfully with their stakeholders.
- For the first time in human history, more people live in cities than not. The population and economic heft of cities and urban agglomerations surpass that of entire nations. What cities globally do or don’t do matters more than ever. Cities shape human progress and are getting increasingly organized and influential on a global scale. We help our clients to understand how urbanization affects them and how to best engage these new city players.
We believe in progress – the ideas, innovations, and initiatives which spur prosperity and social development. The success of these ideas relies on how various stakeholders, from consumers to lawmakers, understand and utilize such ideas. That is the human side of progress.
To drive progress, innovations must create opportunities, better choices, and experiences for your stakeholders. Our approach is based on better understanding your stakeholders and finding out what motivates and inhibits them.
Our approach is the foundation of ideas that will engage your stakeholders and change human mindsets and actions.
To understand people, we search for truth in data. We strive to find the hidden triggers of and inhibitors to human action. To understand markets, we analyse competitors, stakeholders, regulators and decision-makers, design benchmarks within the field, and draw parallels to different sectors and markets.
We partner with clients to build the culture and capabilities needed for progress, in order to transform ways of working and develop necessary skills. We bring together stakeholders of different backgrounds, to help foster understanding and encourage dialogue. We translate strategy into execution, by helping to bring ideas, products and services to the market.
Ask the right questions.
We look for new insights in order to identify the right areas of activity when approaching your problem. To this end, we analyze your industry, draw comparisons from analogue markets, and talk to the players.
- You tell us your plans and we will find out who will influence the success of those plans. We will produce an overview of the relevant stakeholders and players and point out what motivates and inhibits them.
Consumer focus report
- We help you to get a better understanding of your current and future customers. By conducting research and interviews, we identify the real drivers and barriers affecting consumer behavior.
- We conduct analysis on your behalf to find out which new companies are operating in your specific field of activity. This allows future competitors to be identified at an early stage and potential goals for cooperation partnerships or acquisitions to be ascertained.
We are driven by ideas.
We develop a powerful strategy for your project, based on facts, innovation, and the hidden triggers or inhibiting factors affecting human behavior.
Setting and monitoring goals
- We work with you to set clear goals and success criteria. In doing so, we pay special attention to making sure that the results are quantifiable and the right hierarchy is in place
Developing concepts and planning measures
The innovative concepts and measures we devise on your behalf:
- Focus on human behavior and decision-making
- Are based on unique insights
- Take into account different perspectives
- Challenge conventional wisdom
- We draw up the business plan for you. This details the amount of investment needed and the precise scheduling and performance planning and also serves as a basis for making decisions as the project progresses, allowing you to stay in control.
Progress starts with yourself – and a little help.
We find the right approaches and prepare managers, employees, and partners for change so that your strategy can be successfully implemented.
Skill development and change management
- We help your managers and employees to adopt new ways of thinking and accept change. Knowledge gaps are identified and we show you how to close them.
Process-related and organizational development
- At the same time, we help you to change processes and organizational structures so that you can achieve your goals. Critical processes and structures are identified, analyzed, and broken down. You will then be given specific recommendations on what action to take.
Network building and development
- We plan networking events to promote dialogue within your ecosystem and unlock new cooperation opportunities.
We stay by your side until the very end to guide your project to success.
- We bring stakeholders from various areas together to promote dialogue and better understanding. We look for the most suitable communication format for your needs and set it up.
- We work with you to develop communication strategies and turn complex issues into effective messages – in words and pictures and in owned, earned, and paid media.
Single project management and project office
- We can manage your single project or act as a project office with responsibility for overseeing all service providers.
evenson advises and supports clients in the following industries
mobility, transport and logistics
energy & renewables
public sector & social impact
culture & media
education & training
We are driven by ideas and focused on results. Our projects show how ideas become results.
Growing by growing the market
Heinrich Böll Foundation
Enabling progress through dialogue
New Economy Business School
Creating change for the digital age
New Mobility World
Turning disruption into opportunity
Dirk O Evenson advises clients in communication research, strategy development and corporate identity and campaigning. He also mentors startups and advises in the field of business development.
He was partner and managing director international of the leading German communications agency Scholz & Friends, managing director in Abu Dhabi of the leading German branding agency MetaDesign and founded the New Economy Business School, an executive education program. He was interim marketing director at a low-cost airline.
He founded and directed the department of communication at the German Association of the Automotive industry VDA and continues to serve as Director of the New Mobility World, the event about automated driving, connected vehicles, electric mobility, urban mobility and mobility services at the International Motor Show IAA in Frankfurt and Hanover.
He studied political science at the Otto Suhr Institute of the Freie Universität Berlin.
Elke Reinking advises clients in human resource management strategy, process optimisation, recruitment and human resource development. She also coaches executives in leadership and department organisation.
Elke Reinking was founder and managing director of Webwerk, a digital agency and has founded and led the media consultancy at the communication agency Scholz & Friends Berlin. She also served as HR director both at Scholz & Friends Berlin as well as argonauten G2 group, a digital communication agency.
Since 2010 she advises companies in the field of human resources and process optimisation and implementation, including agencies, an insurance group, universities and companies and associations for renewable energy.
She holds both a diploma in business administration and a degree in human resource management.
David Hanke analyses trends in the fields of future mobility, tech companies, science, government, city planning, media, public transport and infrastructure. For the New Mobility World, he supports the project management and sales team.
He worked in market development at Hubject, the leading IT and business platform for electric mobility in Europe and was business development working student for Telekom Austria Group M2M, where he researched trends in the fields of fleet management, industrial automation and mobile network connectivity.
David Hanke studied Strategy, Innovation and Management Control at WU Vienna and completed an exchange semester at the University of Stellenbosch Business School in South Africa. He dealt with business model innovation, technology transfer and developed business plans for a mobile app and an online market place.
Verena Hutchinson manages projects in the field of sales and marketing, working with clients in the mobility and travel sector and a focus on digital transformation. For the New Mobility World, she works in project management and sales.
Verena Hutchinson worked in the hospitality and travel sector in the US and Greece before moving to Germany and pursuing her career in city marketing. She also has a background in fair media sales and has extensive experience in client management.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts in German philology and American Studies of the Ruhr University Bochum.
Sebastian Sieck analyses trends in the fields of future mobility, tech companies, science, governments, city planning, media, public transport and infrastructure. For the New Mobility World, he supports the project management and sales team.
Sebastian Sieck worked for AUDI AG in Ingolstadt and Beijing on brand strategy, and on trends and development in Chinese society. In collaboration with a Danish entrepreneur he co-founded the furniture concept Walter Grey, during his stay in Copenhagen.
He studied International Business at Maastricht University, with a semester abroad in Santiago de Chile, and completed his studies in Strategy, Organisation and Leadership at the Copenhagen Business School.
Stephan Reinders advises companies and associations regarding their growth targets and sales activities. He advises on the development of new target markets and on technology scouting in Israel, especially for automotive, retail and financial services.
He was sales manager at the IT associations Bitkom and BVDW. At Bitkom, he built up the service portfolio and cooperation business, was in charge of growth as head of sales and member relations and played a key role in the startup initiative "Get Started". Prior to that, he worked at the VDI, the Association of German Engineers.
Stephan Reinders studied business administration at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf with a focus on marketing, personnel and company management.
We are a growing consultancy located in the heart of Berlin. We work for clients in the mobility and transportation sector, for tech companies and startups as well as for associations and institutions. If you’re driven by ideas and focused on results, evenson is the place to be.
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Director Project Management to take our equally driven and talented team to the next level of execution. If you love planning and directing projects and have a passion for helping teams to grow, excel and deliver, read on.
- Manage, oversee, and train team
- Develop projects/ideation in conjunction with management and team
- Plan, oversee and report projects’ resources, timelines and budgets
- Ensure that all goals and objectives of a project are met within the time, budget and quality
- Client relations
- Make sure all databases, management tools are accurate and up to date
- Previous applicable recent experience of at least 5 years
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage stress and work under tight deadlines in a composed and professional manner
- Strong ability to interact with executives of any level, discussing strategy, tactics, results
- Impeccable language skills in English and German, both spoken and written
- Must be able to work with MS Office, Asana, Slack, Pipedrive, macOS/iOS
We value team members with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower our team members and embrace diversity. If you’re driven by ideas and focussed on results, we’re happy to welcome you to our team.
This position will be a full-time employment. Please send your application to
We are a growing consultancy for navigating a world of transformation and disruption.
We believe in progress – the ideas and innovations which spur prosperity and social development. The success of innovations relies on how stakeholders, from consumers to lawmakers, understand and utilize such ideas. It also depends on how companies adapt to and shape disruption to their industry.
We are economists, political scientists, communication experts, market researchers, data scientists – and experienced project managers. We find out what makes progress happen and how to best facilitate it. That is the human side of progress.
Our office is located in the heart of Berlin. We work for clients in the mobility and transportation sector, for tech companies and startups as well as for associations and institutions.